- “Genetic-Fuzzy Real-Time Controller” number “GB2350695”. The patented mechanism uses a double hierarchy of fuzzy-genetic systems enabling Genetic Algorithms to work in real time and converge to an adequate solution in a very short time. This mechanism had enabled the creation of a fast computing system that can find a control solution in an unstructured changing and dynamic environment. This technology autonomously operates and learns online, thereby reducing programming costs and enabling the adaptation to any user or environmental changes. This patent had enabled the control of problems that were regarded as challenging such the mobile robot autonomous navigation in outdoor environment, control of cement kilns and control of huge marine diesel engines. In addition, the patented mechanism has enabled the control of intelligent buildings to satisfy and react to the human and building changing desires in a non intrusive way to create ambient intelligent environments.
- In conjunction with Lightwave Technologies, Dublin, Ireland, we have a patent application entitled “An Intelligent Embedded Agent for Energy Saving in Built Environments” The patent is applying a novel form of neural network and fuzzy logic based model for intelligent buildings that is optimised by a genetic algorithm based system to find the optimum set points within an intelligent building to save energy while maintaining the user comfort.
- Embedded Interval Type-2 FLC for Diesel Engine. This patent application presents the use of a novel control mechanism called type-2 Fuzzy Logic Controller (FLC). The patent has developed computationally efficient way that allowed type-2 FLCs to be embedded in special hardware to deliver fast real-time response. The developed system produces accurate and robust speed controllers for marine diesel engines. The developed system can also handle the different sources of uncertainties present in marine environments.
- In conjunction with Sanctuary Personnel, we have an international patent application entitled “An improved Neuro Type-2 Fuzzy Logic Based method for decision making” number PCT/GB2009/001303. This is the first patent which employs type-2 fuzzy logic systems and it presents novel systems that are able to act on huge data sets and perform intelligent data analysis and provide intelligent decision making models that can be easily understood by humans and which are able to handle the inter and intra user uncertainties. The patent has already been applied in various domains including financial applications to provide intelligent models that can predict and manage risk.
- In cooperation with British Telecom we have a patent application entitled “Real time Dynamic Scheduler” Patent Number EP2014250080.0which aims to develop intelligent systems based on type-2 fuzzy logic systems which are capable of perform real time dynamic scheduling.
- In cooperation with KAU, we have patent application entitled “An Energy Efficient Electric Cookers” Patent Number GP1421419.1 . The patent aims to develop energy efficient and autonomous electric cookers.