The Fuzzy Systems Research Group is dedicated to making a significant contribution to the theoretical foundations and real world applications of Fuzzy Systems. The group is a recognised international leader in the areas of Type-2 Fuzzy Logic Control Systems and Hybrid Fuzzy Systems.
We have wide interests in the theory and application of fuzzy systems including (but not limited to):
Hybrid Fuzzy Systems which includes Neuro Fuzzy Systems, Fuzzy Genetic Systems, Evolutionary Fuzzy Systems and their hybrids.
- Type-2 Fuzzy Logic Control
- Fuzzy Optimisation
- Theoretical Foundations of Type-2 fuzzy Systems
- Computing with Words
- Fuzzy Embedded Agents
- Self Learning Fuzzy Systems
- Fuzzy preference models and applications
- Decision making based on fuzzy models
- Fuzzy Systems Applications including (but not limited to):
- Intelligent Control of Industrial Processes example Marine Diesel Engines, Cement Industries and Steel Industries.
- Energy Management in Intelligent Buildings
- Intelligent Environments
- Ambient Intelligent Environments
- Pervasive Computing
- Intelligent Buildings
- Mobile Robotics including indoor and outdoor robots which included our previous work in Agricultural Robots
- Decision support systems in HR systems
- Assisted Living